A new Innovation Centre is being developed in Gulf Medical University, with the following aims and objectives:
- To enhance a culture that will encourage innovation, entrepreneurship and creativity.
- To serve as a point of contact for scientists, faculty and students interested in medical research.
- To launch innovative products and services.
- To spur medical innovation and offer a platform for healthcare researchers, biomedical innovators and medical scientists in the region.
- To foster collaborations and partnerships with international institutions, universities, research labs, pharma companies and the healthcare industry
The Innovation Centre will be the first of its kind in the region and will have devoted state-of-the-art innovation and incubation laboratories for the following:
- Gene Editing and Next Generation Sequencing (NGS)
- 3D Printing
- Pharma Product Development
- Bio Innovation Incubator
- Health Robotics and Artificial Intelligence Innovation
- Stem Cell Research
- Bioavailability & Bioequivalence Studies