Master of Physical Therapy (MPT)
This course is the first of its kind offered in the region and is designed to enhance the clinical and research skills of the candidates who have completed their Bachelor studies in Physical Therapy. Master of Physical Therapy program emphasizes on advanced trends in the clinical practice and evidence based approach to patient care with a curriculum that meets international standards.
The program has received initial accreditation by Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research, UAE w.e.f from March 2013.
On successful completion of the program, the student will be awarded the degree of Master of Physical Therapy, that would be a stepping stone to a challenging career in Physical Therapy.
- A Bachelor’s degree in medicine from a University / Institute listed in WHO directory of medical schools.
- A valid UAE – G.P license.
- Distinct undergraduate performance of GPA of 3 on a 4-point scale, or equivalent grade (“B”).
- English language proficiency test score of 550 for TOEFL or 6.5 for IELTS.
- Relevant academic and professional experience.
- Work in Hospitals or clinics either in the government or the private sectors, Rehabilitation / Sports Medicine Centers in the country or abroad as a beginner in the specialty.
- Join university teaching hospitals as a Lecturer.
- Pursue a PhD / DPT in the field of Physical Therapy.
- Become a Research Assistant and pursue a career in research.
|Semester||Course Code||Pre-requisites||Course Topics||Credit Hour/s||LH||PH|
|I||MPT-PMS 301||NIL||Physical Therapy in Musculo Skeletal Conditions||4||2||4|
|MPT-SPR 301||NIL||Sports Rehabilitation||1||1||0|
|MPT-PSD 301||NIL||Physical Therapy in Systemic and Psychosomatic Disorders||4||2||4|
|MPT-PMK 301||NIL||Patho- Mechanics and Kinesiology||2||1||2|
|MPT-EPN 301||NIL||Exercise Physiology and Nutrition||2||1||2|
|II||MPT-PND 301||NIL||Physical Therapy in Neurological Disorders||4||2||4|
|MPT-PPD 301||NIL||Physical Therapy in Pediatric Disorders||1||1||0|
|MPT-PCR 301||NIL||Physical Therapy in Cardio Vascular & Respiratory Conditions||4||3||2|
|MS- RM 401||NIL||Research Methodology||2||1||2|
|MS- BS 304||NIL||Bio Statistics||2||1||2|
|Semester||Course Code||Pre-requisites||Course Topics / Clinical Rotation Details||Credit Hour/s||LH||PH|
|III*||MPT- CLR 401||MPT-PMS 301|
MS- RM 401
MS- BS 304
|IV||MPT- THS 501||Successful completion of MPT- CLR 401||Thesis||6||0||30|
*A valid UAE –Physical Therapist Technician License