GMU Alumni Society
Alumni Council’s ObjectivesGMU realizes the importance of involving Alumni in its planning for all programs and activities which are targeted at GMU alumni. In view of this fact, an alumni council was formed during this academic year and the goals of this council are the following:
- To maintain active and interested health professional alumni, promoting fellowship and professional relationships among members of the Society.
- To act as advocates for medical, dentistry, pharmacy, physical therapy and other allied health profession students.
- To act as advocates for physicians, dentists, pharmacists, physical therapists and other allied health professionals in post doctoral medical and allied health education programs.
- To assist in recruiting qualified applicants to GMC, GDC, GPHC and GCAHS.
- To assist in development activities for GMC, GDC, GPHC and GCAHS.
- To promote and facilitate research in the clinical department of GMC, GDC, GPHC and GCAHS.
- To provide counsel as requested by the leaders of GMC, GDC, GPHC and GCAHS on matters related to the College's advancement
Career Counseling DepartmentWelcome to the GMU Alumni Career Center,
Career Counseling Department advancing its role to provide academic, career, and personal counseling to students and assist with other student affairs administrative duties.
MissionThe mission of the Counseling Department is to support the educational objectives of the University through counseling, education, programming, consultation, collaboration, and crisis intervention designed to enhance each student's academic, career, and personal growth.
- To enhance and develop students self-esteem and problem solving skills.
- To support student development and success through counselling, workshops and seminars related to:
- Residency application and interviews.
- Resumes and Curriculum vitae.
- Information related to medical licensing exams.
- Study habits.
- Time management.
- Goal setting.
- To organize Alumni meet.
- To update alumni records.
- To update the university on a regular basis regarding counselling program and activities.
- To assist students handle the challenging demands of course work.
Services we provide include:
- Personal or Career Counselling.
- Constructing Curriculum Vitae or Resumes.
- Handling Job Interviews.
- Preparing documents needed for the application of residency programs & employment.
- Refer to Alumni who can act as mentor or adviser regarding Post Graduate Training.